Sunday, January 25, 2015

And the actor goes to...

(Melhor Atriz Comédia TV by Cinema em Series / CC BY 2.0 / cropped from original)
(Melhor Atriz Comédia TV by Cinema em Series / CC BY 2.0 / cropped from original)
(Prêmio Honorário by Cinema em Series / CC BY 2.0 / cropped from original)

Tonight was the 21st Screen Actors Guild Awards and of course, I was in my PJs catching the red carpet on E! at 3pm. I will admit, yes. This is what I do with my life. I wait for E! to do their Live from the Red Carpet and sometimes they air the Countdown to the Red Carpet and I spend my entire day watching the whole thing up until the actual award show. Yes, I have no life. Yes, I could be doing better things but oh well. Did I ever tell you my dream of becoming the Asian Giuliana Rancic?

ANYWAYS. It was only until last year I really understood what the SAG Awards were all about. It makes me admire it more and more knowing that every award was voted within the union. I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty psyched if people within the same industry as me think I'm doing a fine job. 

Below are the winners of each award and who I voted for prior to the live broadcast. Full Disclosure: I did not watch all the shows/movies (even though I wish I did). This was based off what I did know and watched. 

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy SeriesUzo Aduba, Orange Is the New Black

MY VOTE: Uzo Aduba

She put on a stellar performance as Crazy Eyes in Orange is the New Black. Her character went though some hardships and who could deny her love for Dandelion? She also gave one of the best speeches of the night. I cried when she cried. 

---

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy SeriesWilliam H. Macy, Shameless

MY VOTE: Jim Parsons

I've watched a few episodes of The Big Bang Theory here and there and it's been on for about eight seasons. Whatever they're doing, they're doing it right as they bust out shows their fans love. However, William H. Macy took the crown and you know what? I just might give Shameless a shot. 

---

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Orange is the New Black

MY VOTE:
Orange is the New Black

The cast. The storylines. The intricate details. It's no wonder that almost anyone who watches the series craves for more and more. It was a close tie between this show and
Modern Family for me but I was so happy to see this take the crown. P.S. An full on female cast? Okay not FULL female but majority is! 

---

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting RolePatricia Arquette, Boyhood

MY VOTE:
Patricia Arquette


A movie that literally took 12 years to make. I had no doubt it would be Patricia Arquette and her dedication to the project. I'm really looking forward to checking out this movie. 

---

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting RoleJ.K. Simmons, Whiplash

MY VOTE: J.K. Simmons

I haven't watched this but looking at exclusive footage and watching interviews, he stepped into another dimension to be a stone cold ass of a teacher. If those twenty seconds of footage did it for me, I could only imagine the rest of the film. 

---

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or MiniseriesMark Ruffalo, The Normal Heart

MY VOTE: Benedict Cumberbatch 

This one was kind of a biased vote just because I'm obsessed with the series and I thought this episode was ridiculously beautiful. I do have to watch
The Normal Heart. It's been nominated and also won so many awards in the previous year. My only problem is finding where I can go and watch it.

---

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or MiniseriesFrances McDormand, Olive Kitteridge

MY VOTE: Julia Roberts

I was actually happy McDormand won this award. Have you seen her expressions during award season? I feel like she never has fun but hey, she seemed to have fun saying her acceptance speech. Plus, she got me into wanting to watch
Olive Kitteridge

---

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series: Kevin Spacey, House of Cards

MY VOTE: Kevin Spacey 

My Twitter feed is sometimes raving about House of Cards. I haven't gotten the chance to watch the show yet but through word of mouth, I hear it's ahead of its time. 

---

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama SeriesViola Davis, How to Get Away with Murder

MY VOTE:
Viola Davis


VIOLA DAVIS FOR THE WIN! I've never watched a Shonda Rhimes show until HTGAWM and I'm absolutely hooked. Davis has such a poker face and is absolutely killer in her role as a badass lawyer. I do want to give Tatiana Maslany props. I don't watch that show either but I hear she plays multiple roles in the show. That's not easy to do. 

---

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama SeriesDownton Abbey

MY VOTE: Game of Thrones

I really thought the union would side towards Game of Thrones. The story lines, the OMG moments and the action all filled into one. I swore that would be the winner. 

---

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading RoleEddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything

MY VOTE: Eddie Redmayne

I clapped along with the rest of the audience (like I was there... I wish). Eddie Redmayne did a WONDERFUL and AMAZING job in The Theory of Everything. His transformation was indescribable. The way he got into character and really embodied Stephen Hawking left me speechless. I do give props to the other nominees in this category but man, Redmayne blew my mind. 

---

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading RoleJulianne Moore, Still Alice

MY VOTE:
Jennifer Aniston

It was a toss up between Julianne Moore and Jennifer Aniston. I'm not super surprised Moore won because in both movies, their characters deal with an illness and I'm eager to watch it play out on screen. The reason I put Aniston was all the reviews I've heard and what she went through to get into character. It was probably the same experience for Moore. 

---

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion PictureBirdman

MY VOTE: Boyhood

I had my eyes set on Boyhood. Guess I have to see how their performance is before I cast my vote on it. Birdman did have a great ensemble and the filming, phew. One-shot takes. I don't know how they did it. I can barely get through introducing myself on camera. 

QUESTION: Did you watch the award show? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. If you have the chance you can also follow me on Bloglovin' or Twitter! (:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin