Thursday, August 14, 2014

Life is fleeting. And if you're ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night...

(Photo by BagoGames / CC BY)

I really never care THIS much about a celebrity's death, even one I've never met but this one hits close to home. Like so many others, I grew up watching movies Robin Williams starred in. Jumanji, Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Birdcage and most especially Jack

My eyes and ears literally cannot be taken away from the television screen. When I found out, I was scrolling through Twitter and the first thing I did was scream, "NO!" For some reason, I forget that people pass away. I always think we'll live forever. Positive thinking, I guess. For two days straight, I sat in front of the television watching the specials and all the newscasts that have anything to do with Robin Williams. He really was like everyone's favorite uncle. I cannot think of one person who absolutely hated him. If you're out there, I just need to ask, why?! 

It's so weird to know that he was literally thirty minutes or so away from me. He loved the Bay Area. A man that brought laughter to so many people was in our own backyard. What an honor. He was able to do something for all of us that made him seem like everyone did know him. It pains me to know that we couldn't be there for him in his times of need. He masked his suffering so well yet he always was able to bring happiness for everyone else. I'm gutted. 

It upsets me when people say, "You're only caring so much now since he died." Well, look. I didn't go around confessing my love for Robin Williams. I just knew it. It didn't have to be said out loud so get out of here with that type of thinking. 

Lately, I've been thinking about what I would have done if I ever met Robin. I probably would have given him the longest hug in the history of hugs and just thank him for everything. Maybe, I'd be too overwhelmed. Maybe, I'd have the best conversation in the world with him. One that never made sense. What I do know for sure is that it would have been the highlight of my life. 

Rest in Peace, Robin Williams.


COMPLETE SIDEBAR: I saw so much of the same characteristics he had in my own dad. It's crazy how much I think they're so alike. The next person I would dread to see pass away is Jackie Chan. I always saw Jackie Chan + Robin Williams = my dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. If you have the chance you can also follow me on Bloglovin' or Twitter! (:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin